Finally starting to edit! I imported all my footage and looked through the best shots. Some looked really nice and sharp while others I could do without. I now actually have too much footage, I have to select the absolute best ones which is better than having too little footage I guess. For my editing I'm using Premiere Pro which I find is very easy to use and I know that platform the most which is even better for me.
First I put all my footage and best shots in chronological order just so it makes sense. Then I cut the best clips down to as short as they could go without the shot being too short. Now at this time is when I look for music to fit the mood I'm trying to create. I spent a while looking though the epidemic website and I found some very cool music and had about five that I really liked. So I just put them all on the timeline and watched how the audio fit in with the sequence of clips and the visuals. I had two songs that I still really liked after that process so I asked both my parents and they both picked the song called Hippcat Swagger so that's what I ended up using.
I still have to polish and go through the edit a few more times before I really feel like it's at its best but I also think that at this point I've been editing this for so long that I need to step back for a little bit and do something else before I can polish it off.
So I'm going to make a film poster as well if I have time because I like using photoshop and I think that would be a nice little addition to my film. I'm going for a minimalistic design with maybe a snapshot of the movie and some nice typography over it. Something along the lines of this:

No comments:
Post a Comment