Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Hello

A little introduction to start things off. I'm Milena Reyes and you've chosen to follow me through the process of creating a 2 minute film opening even though I myself have really no idea what I'm doing. I live in Weston, Florida but I wasn't born here. I've lived in Sydney, Australia for most of my life and I've also lived in Panama and Venezuela. I've travelled a lot and I think that's why film is really intriguing to me. Since I've experienced so many things the idea of being able to capture it and make a story out of it sounds amazing.

Making a film opening is really exciting for me because I love the way emotions and story can be conveyed though visuals and audio. I've watched countless videos on how stories are structured in films and video essays dissecting some of my favorites. Going into this I know planning is going to be a big part of the project and it's also very important. If you have everything planned out you have a smaller chance for anything to go wrong.

For some time I've been subscribed to a very interesting YouTube channel called Every Frame a Painting and he does an amazing job in explaining why things in film are the way they are. He talks about every aspect of the film process from editing to sound and I think his channel will be an amazing resource when it comes to planning my film opening.