Saturday, March 18, 2017

Lighting

For the fist sequence I will use lots of lighting and have soft shadows. The idea is that this first sequence contrast with the one that follows. Since the first sequence will be lots of close ups I can get the light's close to my subject without it being in the frame. This image will be used as reference on how to light food.

Chef's Table

The colors of the food will contrast with the white of the light and the kitchen. The tones will make it feel kind of medical in a way. I also plan on using drops of red food coloring in a glass of water as blood to further advance the eeriness of the plot. I'll probably just put the glass on a table and surround it white paper with a light right in front of it. A makeshift soft box, just so the glass casts no shadows. 







For lighting of the second sequence I will use basic three point lighting.




I have two red lava lamps that I plan on using as a fill light on the left of the subjects face, this light doesn't need to be very bright since I want to have a high contrast image. A normal light with blue cellophane over it (which I will use as a gel) will act as my fill light. I read this article on working with gel's in order to have a better understanding. 


Gel Lighting

The wall next to the subject is white so I will as as a reflector.  To separate the subject from the background I'll use a candle or a lamp (this is subject to change as I want to see if the tone of the scene looks better without a back light). 





No comments:

Post a Comment