Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Planning

My film opening will consist of two sequences. The first will be of a chef cooking a meal involving meat. There will be close up shots of the various foods. When the meal is finished I will use a birds eye view to show the final product. The tight shots provide more information and emphasis on the food being cooked rather than the person cooking it which is what I'm going for. This first sequence isn't going to have a lot of technical movements, it's going to be pretty basic but the audio, editing, and lighting is what's going to make it stand out.

Chef's Table

The second sequence will a wide angle and a low angle with the subject at the center of the frame. I want the subject to feel powerful. A dolly from a wide to a medium shot will also help emphasize the feeling of power. I want the audience to feel little and have no control over the situation. Like this shot in the dark knight.
The Dark Knight
This sequence will have dialogue and a deep tone in the music. The subject will be eating the meal previously prepared. There will be an over the shoulder shot of a list of names and the subject will be rating them, like a food critic.


Ratatouille

This shot and the dialogue will tie in the fact that the meat is human. The dialogue will also explain that they plan of putting it on the menu tomorrow as a special. Which is when we cut to a shot of a restaurant with the tittle of the movie.

I plan on shooting on the weekends, since I'm using my parents as actors I've got to work around their schedules. I don't need the sunlight so filming at night work be a problem for me. Also since the first sequence is mainly close ups I can shoot that one day and the second sequence the next. Before filming I will have a detailed script and storyboard in order not to waste time shooting something I don't know. 








No comments:

Post a Comment