Friday, March 10, 2017

Simple Is Good

So I have no idea what I want to make my film opening about. I have too many unfocused ideas and nothing solid. I've spent time looking through this website and seeing all the different opening sequences in movies and TV shows trying to get some inspiration. The SherlockHannibal, and True Detective really caught my attention since they are abstract but they really seem to capture the essence of what the stories are about. 


I especially liked the way the Hannibal and True Detective opening sequence played with negative and positive space, and a looked more into it and why it was so important. This article gave me some very useful information which I plan on using when I go to make my storyboard. Even though the titles were very strange and abstract they seem really simplistic and clean. They are visually appealing and also do their job of giving the audience information about what the story will be about. 


Hannibal
True Detective

Knowing this I would like to do star off the film opening this sort of way with the names of the actors and directors then transition it into some dialogue to begin the story and give it even more context. I also discovered a tutorial on how to recreate the True Detective title so I have an idea of how to make it.